We’re honored to welcome Anastasia of Kind Earth as a recipe contributor to MoringaPowder.com!
Anastasia is one of the internet’s earliest advocates for “The Miracle Tree” Moringa.
Moringa has helped her enjoy a healthy plant-based diet for over 24 years, experiencing optimal levels of health along the way.
Without further ado, Enter Anastasia….
I’ve partnered with PURA VIDA MORINGA – who produce the moringa products that I am thoroughly enjoying at the moment. I love that their product is organic and ethical. Their business was born from compassion and a desire to bring pure, ethical moringa products to the world. They harvest from a farm in the foothills of Nicaragua, whilst ensuring the highest quality product.by Anastasia of KindEarth.net
Moringa delights me! The moringa tree is said to be one of the most nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich foods on our planet. Well worthy of our attention. It thrives where other plants fail and has been used traditionally in Asia, Africa, and South America to treat a myriad of different ailments for a long time. For those of us who don’t live in tropical or subtropical regions with a moringa tree sprouting up in the local village square, can instead, easily get it in powdered form.
Moringa is a powerful nutritious gem, so I’ve decided to find different ways to weave the leaf powder into my cuisine. I’m pleased to share my Moringa Energy Ball ideas below.
Moringa Energy Balls – 3 Different Ways
Three ways, because we are unique and like something different. There are a multitude of different ways that you make energy balls. You can follow the recipes below, but I’d also like you to be inspired so that you can play, explore, get creative and come up with your own versions.
Here we go (scroll for recipes below)…
Moringa Energy Balls #1 “Seed & Ginger Style”
Moringa Energy Balls #2 “Cashew & Maple Style”
Moringa Energy Balls #3 “Moringa & Matcha High Energy Style
1. Seed & Ginger Style Moringa Energy Balls
I’ve included this super healthy energy ball as an example of a highly nutritious and energizing treat, ideal for sharing, nibbling on or taking with you when going off hiking in nature.Print
Super healthy seed and ginger inspired moringa leaf powder energy balls. Raisins to naturally sweeten.
- 1 heaped tablespoon moringa leaf powder
- 150g (1 cup) mixed seeds (pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, hemp seed and flax seed)
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 100g (⅔ cup) raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grind seeds along with the moringa powder and cinnamon in a food processor until you get a coarse meal.
- Add the raisins and vanilla extract and the process until everything clumps together.
- Roll into balls.
- Either serve immediately or pop into the fridge. They will keep (in a sealed container) in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
- You can also freeze these to increase their longevity for several months (they are edible immediately from frozen).
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
Keywords: dairy free, gluten free, vegan, healthy
2. Cashew & Maple Style Moringa Energy Balls
This is a super easy method. You can also use pre-ground almonds instead of cashews. No blender or food processor is required. Only 3 ingredients. Delicious.
3. High Energy Moringa & Matcha Style Energy Balls
I designed these energy balls for the mountain trail! They are loaded with antioxidants to help support recovery when enduring intensive activity. Adding in the organic matcha powder (which is one of the most conscious, healthiest and most balanced forms of caffeine available) helps give an extra boost when doing a demanding activity.
What I love the MOST about Moringa
When I first heard of the incredible health benefits of Moringa, my jaw dropped. It consistently comes up as one of the most nutrient-dense, antioxidant-laden, medicinal foods on our planet. In fact, it is difficult to find another food richer than Moringa.
In terms of concentration and variation, it comes very close to being a perfect food. Here’s what I love the most!
- is an antioxidant superstar
- is a complete plant-protein food with all essential amino acids
- has extraordinary cytokinin levels to delay the aging process
- has good lutein protection for healthy eyes
- can reduce blood pressure with beta-sitosterol
- offers antibacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-viral action
… and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Stay tuned for future recipe contributions including my GO-TO Smoothie recipe :). Thank you, Pura Vida Moringa!
From my heart to yours,